Monday, March 12, 2012

Picture Time

This weekend it rained somewhere between 2 and 5 inches depending specifically where you were at, so no riding.  Plus my best friend came to Dallas to visit so the hubby and I drove up to see her.  We decided to make a mini-vaca out of it since we never got a honeymoon and Saturday was our 6 month anniversary.  Awesome weekend...

We went to Medieval Times...

It was awesome!  Lots more emphasis on the horse than I remember (last time I went was 12ish years ago).  Food was good except that we had chicken earlier in the day for lunch so we ended up each eating about a whole chicken in a day...gahhh...

We also went to the Dallas Aquarium...


Of course I find the horses...even at the aquarium...


It wasn't so much an aquarium as a it was a giant rainforest exhibit.  Lots of birds, and monkeys, a sloth and even a sleepy jaguar...


Came home to find that spring has sprung with new babies. :)  This adorable white-headed creature is at the barn's neighbor's.  They have 4 llamas and I saw that they got a new addition on Thursday before I left.  I have yet to see it again to get a better picture since I think they put it up in the barn because of all the rain and chilliness.


This adorable little being was a surprise.  Turns out one of young colts that belongs to hubby's grandfather knocked up a couple of mares before getting castrated last spring.  This is the third and hopefully last adorable little dun foal born within the last week.  She has 2 brothers that are identical and feisty (one of the mares got sold to Guatemala and they were surprised a couple weeks ago with his arrival).


This is my new buddy...Brahman bull calf from last spring.  He just got weaned and loves to be scratched on his adorable big floppy Brahman ears :).


And hubby found a lady bug while helping me with the ponies yesterday...


Last but certainly NOT least......


Today is Cabot's 4th birthday.  Man how time flies...Happy Birthday orange kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment