Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blog silence

Please accept my apologies for lack of updates of the blog. 

It was a quiet few weeks on the horse front due to bi-weekly torrential downpours.  Hard to get any work done when the arena is soup (and never dragged).  And I was sick :(...really sick...stayed home 2 days from work sick (which I never do).

But now, it's time...the ponies are going to work!  And I'm not working! At least not as much.  The closing of the store got delayed until the end of April, so the boss-lady and I are only working Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Almost done with the first week and I am LOVING this arrangement.  The ponies are getting worked.  And I picked up another client - a 2 year old yellow Quarter Horse that boards at the barn.  My job will be to start her.  She got lunged yesterday and has somewhat of a good brain so hopefully it will work out.  And I'm getting housework actually done so our place doesn't look like such a disaster zone.  And cooking dinner...I think hubby is liking this arangement as well.

Cabot got worked on Monday and auditioned for the local rodeo.  I have never seen this horse buck so much.  I asked him to trot off and he took of straight up a la bronc style (back broken in half, feet together, hopping up and down).  He finally worked himself out of that and got to work.  Still working him in side reins letting him work out the head-set issues without fighting me.

I have been concentrating on Storm now.  She really needs to get sold.  I may have someone that wants her in Guatemala (hubby's family connection), so she needs to get tuned up enough so they'll want her.  I'm also going to taking her XC schooling tomorrow or Monday and see what she does.  Hopefully it will be a good experience (Cabot doesn't get to go since I let his Coggins expire...whoops...).

1 comment: