Monday, April 23, 2012

Last week

So saddle got shipped off to Ohio to a guy recommended by the Rep.  I don't really trust anyone around here to fix it.  Hopefully it is just the stirrup bar that is bent and no serious damage to the tree.

I borrowed a saddle for my lesson last Wednesday which fit Cabot pretty well turns out.  Too bad I can't borrow it permanently.  :(.  I'm stuck riding in my dressage saddle for the foreseeable future.  Double :(.  Cabot was pretty good for the lesson.  He thinks that arenas that are not fenced are optional for staying in, which we will need to fix.  He was super awesome trotting one way but not so much the other and pretty terrible listening to my outside leg at the canter.  Then we went out to jump.  He was ok warming up, definitely need to work on straightness and we pulled his boots since he was just hitting rails left and right.  Toward the end we jumped a little roll top which he was not a fan of.  He kept jumping off to one side so he wouldn't have to go over where the actual roll top was.  Finally got him to go straight over the middle and we called it a day.

He got the rest of the week off because I got super busy.  Funny how I was busier last week than when I had a full-time job.  Friday I went drug testing at a AA Hunter/Jumper Show with a vet from the vet school.  The weather was horrible, but luckily the vet had a couple of jackets in his truck because we were not prepared for 50's and raining and windy.  Drug testing is about as fun as it sounds, lots of waiting for horses to pee.  It was nice to be back immersed into that world even for a day though.  Lots of gorgeous fat hunter ponies and we got to watch a $5,000 Jumper Classic at 1.3m and a $5,000 Hunter Derby.

Saturday we went to a reining show and watched.  Also pretty cool.  Western Dressage :).

Yesterday was polo.

3 disciplines in 3 days :).

No comments:

Post a Comment