Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This week...

I got to ride with my friend Kelly on Monday and it was a really good ride.  Cabot actually turned when I asked him to and I used the Kelly and Slim as bait to get him to turn sometimes.  He trotted around like a mostly normal horse and only had a couple episodes when asking to canter - in which I almost got launched over the gate and we almost jumped my jump standards that fell down (note to self: pick them up next time).  On a side note though, while trying to avoid the downed standards, he performed a pretty perfect lead change.  Once I got about 4 strides in a consistent direction and a good pace we quit for the day.  Very happy with the little man.

They both got their feet done yesterday so no riding and it rained again so arena is probably soup...we'll see.  I need to tackle the mare as she has more hope of me actually wanting to sell her to get my commission....

No comments:

Post a Comment