Saturday, February 18, 2012

I think I won

Cabot's still getting in fed in the trailer but is now getting on and off like a champ.  He got on and off several times yesterday morning by himself while I was cleaning his stall and even turning his buddies out (which totally surprised me).  In the evening, I didn't even put his halter on and he hopped right on.  Next step is to take him for a little ride around the neighborhood and see if he'll get on again afterwards, since it seems to be the trailer trips that make him upset, not actually getting on. 

His opinion of me since I told BO not to feed him in the mornings so I can feed him in the trailer when I get there...
Yep, full load of poop straight up in his feeder...
And it's still raining...maybe tomorrow we'll go for that trailer ride, so I feel productive.  I think all this rain/not riding has pretty much killed my dreams of being able to show in 2 weeks.  There's not another schooling show until June but there is a recognized one in April at Pine Hill.  Not sure if that would be a bright idea or not.  I need to get to work on Storm too so I can get her sold or just let her go back to being a  polo pony and focus on the orange kid.  Gah...not used to not having a place to ride when it rains...

1 comment: