Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Back to work

I was finally able to get back to riding yesterday.  We've gotten a tiny bit slower at the store so I'm actually able to leave at 5pm.  I headed out to the barn and tacked up Storm.  She was ok given that she has not been worked since, uhh...last summer.  She threw in a couple bucks when I asked for the canter but reasonably well-behaved for a 5 year old TB.  She is the TOTAL opposite ride of Cabot and is going to take a little getting used to.  First of all, she's a million miles long nose to tail (Cabot is very compact) and the front end doesn't always communicate well with the back end.  And she leans into the bridle so much.  I figure that comes from race training (which is what I think she was probably doing in Kentucky before she moved to Texas to be a polo pony).  I checked for a tattoo though and none there so I guess she never actually raced.  We'll see how she comes along.  She's a bit spooky so I'm going to try and get some places for her to go and experience. 

Think I'm going to try and ride Cabot today and see if I can stay on a every-other-day schedule for both of them.  Then no one is neglected.

PS. Cabot and Slim threw the mother of all hissy fits when I took their girlfriend away to ride yesterday.  Gah...boys....

No comments:

Post a Comment